Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Eastern Council : Session One

+6
Shadow-Seeker
Sir Nickolas
Vealdis
Tysha
Valdir
Mordred
10 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Eastern Council : Session One - Page 5 Empty Re: The Eastern Council : Session One

Post by Vealdis Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 am

''Wise words, Count Lane. When the need arrives for something like a commander of the Eastern forces you will not be forgotten.''

Vealdis sat down and turned his head to Lady Tysha.

''If nobody else wants to volunteer, we can start the voting.''

((Wait to tomorow for people to volunteer? Seems fair for people that couldn't be online till now.))
Vealdis
Vealdis
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Character Name: Vealdis Hullcleaver
Counties Ruled:

Back to top Go down

The Eastern Council : Session One - Page 5 Empty Re: The Eastern Council : Session One

Post by Andros Vaaron Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:40 am

"Why not one who has had an abudance of experience in dealing with the Steppes? As far as I understand, and correct me if I am wrong, but isnt there one among us who has spent many a long year of her life fighting to defend the Steppes against the Jatu and the threats from the North, and clearly has it's best interests at heart?
I, on behalf of my Lord Andros, would place my support behind Countess Laisha, if she would accept"
Andros Vaaron
Andros Vaaron
Renowned
Renowned

Character sheet
Character Name: Andros Varron
Counties Ruled: Hex 10 (Southrun County)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vealdis Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:07 am

Vealdis turns his head towards Godwin Ardel and smiles before speaking.

''Dear Godwin, your vote is welcome, seeing as your lord is in no postion to give his. But would you please elaborate why we should vote for Lady Laisha? Great warriors don't have to make great governors and there we got excellent leaders who have proven themselves more then once.''

Vealdis refills his goblet and take a sip.
Vealdis
Vealdis
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Counties Ruled:

Back to top Go down

Post by Andros Vaaron Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:50 am

"Because gold and neautrality alone does not make one a leader. Anyone of us present here could remain as open to further requests by the Council as Valdir has proposed. Any other county in the East would make just as fitting a seat for Governance as any. I see little that Count Valdir offers that any other man or woman present here could offer"

Godwin turned his head toward Valdir.

"However thats not to say that Count Valdir shouldnt be appointed Governer. As I have stated, anyone present here could fill that role on equal levels, even you Count Vealdis. I believe however that one such as Countess Laisha, who has fought for these people, defended their lands for longer than any of us, who holds a great deal of respect from the people of the East, therefore has an advantage that no one else present has, as far as dealing smoothly with the people of this land"

He clenched his fist and rubbed it gruffly against his heavy beard.

"This is speculation at most though, and I would hear from the Countess herself on the matter"
Andros Vaaron
Andros Vaaron
Renowned
Renowned

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vealdis Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:11 am

''Your words are true, but her reputation in the East will not help her become Governor. Only we, other lords and ladies decided that. This gives here...no advantage at all above Valdir. My vote stays with him, but your plea was with good intentions, as are most of your words.''
Vealdis
Vealdis
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Counties Ruled:

Back to top Go down

Post by Laisha Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:04 am

Lady Laisha jumped slightly at the sound of her name.  Politics were still something she was unused to and something she yet felt she was ill-suited for.  So while she had paid enough attention to know what was happening, she hadn't engaged much.  The sudden nomination surprised her, however, leaving her briefly out of sorts.

"I...er...."  She fumbled for words for a moment.  Then, taking a calming breath, looked at those gathered.  "You honor me with your nomination, Sir Godwin.  However, I'm still new to the...game of politics and therefore would have to decline, even for a temporary position.  My apologies."

She stayed quiet after that, not commenting on the other nominations.  She was noticeably more alert, however.
Laisha
Laisha
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Character Name: Laisha McCulloch
Counties Ruled: North Silverwood, 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Andros Vaaron Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:07 am

Godwin inclined his head toward Laisha.

"Very well then. As most others seem to back Count Valdir, then so to will Southrun County place its support behind him"
Andros Vaaron
Andros Vaaron
Renowned
Renowned

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:19 am

Count Valdir bowed slightly towards Godwin. He seemed content, very content.

"Thank you all for your support, I'll not forget it."

He then turned to Florian once more, and sat down as he spoke.

"What else is there on the agenda, Florian?"
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet
Character Name: Valdir Bazzano
Counties Ruled: Talon March [4]

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:29 am

Florian seemed to be daydreaming as the debate over the interim governor raged, but returned to reality with a start as Valdir addressed him. 

"What? I, errr. Ah, agenda. Yes."

He scratched his head with a sniff, rifling through his papers quickly, coming to rest on the very last one, which was still sealed. He broke open the wax, flipping it open. Those nearest him could see the broken top half of the seal was in the shape of a lion's head. Looking up at the gathered nobles with a chuckle, he explained.

"Ah yes, there was one other thing. His Majesty has graciously waived taxes this season so as to allow you all to get settled and organised, however he will be raising a Steppe Tax which you must collectively pay, it will come to the sum of..."

He paused as he read the details once more.

"A measly 34 golden crowns" he finished, sounding a little disappointed.

"As I say, this will be due at the start of next season, so I would suggest you discuss it at your next meeting. This was simply so that you had forewarning. There is likely to be a similar tax each season, and as your prosperity grows- so will that figure. How you decide to share the burden, is entirely up to yourselves."

He paused momentarily for another sniff.

"That is all however... so I guess you are all dismissed. The ballot for interim governor remains open for another couple of hours however, so I would ask that you not leave Marleons until that is settled"
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet
Character Name: Mordred Adalhard
Counties Ruled: All of them

https://aftermathreborn.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vealdis Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:34 am

Vealdis turns his head to Florian.

''Master Florian...the measly 34 crowns is per season or per week?''
Vealdis
Vealdis
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Counties Ruled:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:35 am

"Season"
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vealdis Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:46 am

Vealdis smilles.

''Very good. I will be generous and take up the taxes on my own. 34 crowns is something I can and shall pay. Other lords and ladies can spend the coin on other necessities.''
Vealdis
Vealdis
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Counties Ruled:

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychozoa Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:36 am

Vincent stood up and raised his cup towards Count Vealdis.

"Thank you for your generosity Sir Vealdis. It will not be forgotten."

Psychozoa
Psychozoa
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Character Name: Vincent Margrove
Counties Ruled: Hex 21, Silverwood Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Vealdis Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:39 am

Raises his cup in the direction of count Vincent.

''I will not be able to pay for it every time, but if we all chip in in the future it will be not a problem.''
Vealdis
Vealdis
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Counties Ruled:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:19 am

Valdir, apparently still of a mind to rush the proceedings a little, rose again from his seat.

"Much obliged, Count Vealdis. Now, let's move on to the next point on the agenda."
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychozoa Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:29 am

"I think we have moved through all of it. The only thing left is the result of the Votes."

Vincent looked over to Florian.
Psychozoa
Psychozoa
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:19 am

A servant entered the room and whispered something in Florians ear. The big man nodded, and rose from his place with a groan. He made his way over to the ballot box, and quickly counted through the ballots, then he went through them again.

"It would seem that you have elected... Count Valdir for your interim governor. Quite the honour I am sure" he sniffed, closing the ballot lid.

"I do believe that this concludes affairs here. You are all hereby dismissed."

With that he made for the exit, and left with Aelfrid not far behind.

Last edited by Mordred on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Nickolas Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:30 am

Simon Lane got up from his seat and departed the council session. At last, it was over.
Sir Nickolas
Sir Nickolas
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Character Name: Simon Lane
Counties Ruled: 18 (Duskfall Sanctuary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pravenstern Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:34 am

Quiris left.
Pravenstern
Pravenstern
Eminent
Eminent

Character sheet
Character Name: Quiris Corax
Counties Ruled: Hex 13, Ravenfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:37 am

Valdir smiled, but was disappointed not knowing the results of extra tax. Needless to say, he left as well.
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Laisha Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:38 am

Laisha lingered for a bit, watching the nobles as they left the room. She seemed to be in no hurry to leave.
Laisha
Laisha
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychozoa Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:33 am

Vincent stood up, before leaving he looked around the room and saw Lady Laisha still sitting at her spot. He slowly walked over to introduce himself.

"I don't think we have been properly introduced my Lady. Vincent Margrove is the name and I guess we are neighbors. Maybe we could leave Marleons together and see if we have some common goals we can achieve."
Psychozoa
Psychozoa
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vealdis Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:00 am

Vealdis left.
Vealdis
Vealdis
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Counties Ruled:

Back to top Go down

Post by Laisha Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:18 am

Laisha looked over Count Margrove.  Though her expression was disinterested, her eyes were intensely focused on him, trying to measure him up. "Laisha McCulloch," she answered when he finished.  "I suppose that talking wouldn't be out of the question."
Laisha
Laisha
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow-Seeker Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:39 am

Everard didn't leave yet. He decided to walk over to Godwin, as all the nobles were leaving.

"Excuse me, Godwin, may I have a moment?"
Shadow-Seeker
Shadow-Seeker
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Character Name:
Counties Ruled:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next