Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftermath Reborn Rules Discussion

+6
Vealdis
Valdir
Shadow-Seeker
Pravenstern
Tysha
Mordred
10 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Aftermath Reborn Rules Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Aftermath Reborn Rules Discussion

Post by Psychozoa Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:31 am

I never followed up on that one because I got the feeling you didn't even want to talk with me. Short and strict answer and the feeling you wanted to be somewhere else.

That made Vincent sad Sad 
Psychozoa
Psychozoa
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Character Name: Vincent Margrove
Counties Ruled: Hex 21, Silverwood Edge

Back to top Go down

Aftermath Reborn Rules Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Aftermath Reborn Rules Discussion

Post by Sir Nickolas Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:50 am

Hopefully before the next Council Meeting everyone can have a clean state and a direction of how we want the roleplay to work.
Sir Nickolas
Sir Nickolas
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Character Name: Simon Lane
Counties Ruled: 18 (Duskfall Sanctuary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolando Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:01 am

For the record, I wasn't trying to argue about what's happened with the siege of Azar or what's led to it. It's really far too late to go there. My only intent was to genuinely discuss the feel of this RP and how most characters seem more opposed to conflict than they should be, given the setting (imo).

Now, what do people think of my specific rule suggestion? Is there a better way to implement such a provision? Do you disagree about the RP not fitting the setting? Let's actually discuss this.

Rolando
Renowned
Renowned

Character sheet
Character Name: Rolando Juárez
Counties Ruled: Walden, Hex 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:06 am

We should raid more, but last weeks the rules kept changing and the whole forum isn't that old yet. Despite that, I think most players have started to raid and are doing it this turn, if they aren't replenishing units.

I agree with the reasons and motivations of your proposal, but as far as I'm aware..there isn't really any animosity towards each other simply because someone got raided. Best thing is just to wait with such a penalty until the new council gathering where we can implement it as a decree (or commandment)
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet
Character Name: Valdir Bazzano
Counties Ruled: Talon March [4]

Back to top Go down

Post by Laisha Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:11 am

Slight problem: That rule is an OOC mechanic.  IC, it would make no sense to make it a decree since it's technically intangible.  And trying to have it make sense in character would just create a decree that sounds ludicrous ("All lords must raid at least one of their neighbors each month").  It would have to be a rule change from His Great Wonderful Awesomeness himself.
Laisha
Laisha
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Character Name: Laisha McCulloch
Counties Ruled: North Silverwood, 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:14 am

Alright, I just wanted to have it delayed for a couple of weeks to see if it's actually needed. We've all got a lot of -shit- thrown over us and with three or four people thinking of quitting..this isn't the time to get stuck in debating OOC rules.
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Laisha Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:18 am

Actually, being in trouble the perfect time for self-reflection.
Laisha
Laisha
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Character Name: Laisha McCulloch
Counties Ruled: North Silverwood, 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:20 am

Laisha wrote:Actually, being in trouble the perfect time for self-reflection.
Right, I've proposed to other in a sub-forum that we try to work things out and start with a clean sheet at the next meeting. That's why implementing such a rule might also be best handled in that week. (new start, new rule?)
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolando Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:26 am

Valdir wrote:I agree with the reasons and motivations of your proposal, but as far as I'm aware..there isn't really any animosity towards each other simply because someone got raided.
My choice of words may have been less than adequate for what I was trying to describe. It's not animosity towards specific individuals that I'm referring to; it's disdain for the idea of conflict IC. We've seen things such as suggestions for Steppe-wide non-aggression pact which personally makes no sense in a raiding culture.

However, I'm bringing this up because the majority of you might find no issue with that. There's nothing wrong with that. I think it's worth discussing purely so we all know what to expect going forward.

And yeah, if a clean sheet is on the table, actually implementing a new rule would be best reserved for then. But there's no harm in discussing the merits of this suggestion or others now.

Rolando
Renowned
Renowned

Character sheet
Character Name: Rolando Juárez
Counties Ruled: Walden, Hex 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:33 am

Then, if everybody agrees, we'll take a more positive stance on raiding. Wink Personally I wouldn't mind..plus, all we need is a setting change.

The IC focus from the beginning was on rebuilding the steppe (in my eyes), but this needs to be changed to a more {GoT} Game of Seats kinda idea.

Something that would make more sense if we conclude in the next session that we've successfully 'saved' the Steppe from starvation/whatever.
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:53 am

I like the idea Rolando, my only concern is that sometimes players need a turn or two to rebuild their forces. Should it be a 2 turn peace limit, or still require raids each turn (and would it be justifiable to raid with just 1 unit with no hope of success just to see off the peace rule?)
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet
Character Name: Mordred Adalhard
Counties Ruled: All of them

https://aftermathreborn.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12