Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftermath Reborn Rules Discussion

+6
Vealdis
Valdir
Shadow-Seeker
Pravenstern
Tysha
Mordred
10 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Aftermath Reborn Rules Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Aftermath Reborn Rules Discussion

Post by Tysha Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks for the answers!

I would vote for either the equivalent of one turn of gold, or one turn worth based on our starting county. That way anyone who joins in later is directly joining in at that turn, and there isn't a need to balance starting gold with incomes. It seems simple in my mind, at least! >.>
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet
Character Name: Tysha Abaddon
Counties Ruled: Hex 9

Back to top Go down

Aftermath Reborn Rules Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Aftermath Reborn Rules Discussion

Post by Mordred Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:22 am

If you have not yet done so, please do create a character. I intend to start allocating Counties next week.
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet
Character Name: Mordred Adalhard
Counties Ruled: All of them

https://aftermathreborn.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:17 am

Just for sports;

A vassal loses 1 prestige each turn while the owner wins 5, since you can trade prestige according the to current rules, who wants to be Valdir's vassal for 3 prestige each turn?

Should this be possible?

Off Topic wrote:In addition, let me found the Pendor East Noble Company (PENC) and any Earl/Duke/Councillor/Governor prestige gained is equally divided among the members in exchange for military/monetary/council support.
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet
Character Name: Valdir Bazzano
Counties Ruled: Talon March [4]

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:28 am

I see no reason why not, though why the higher councillors would want to share with the rest is up for question Razz
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:58 am

Mordred wrote:I see no reason why not, though why the higher councillors would want to share with the rest is up for question Razz

no talkin' moar raiding!

And that big council of yours with the decrees and all.. having an assured majority with every vote is worth something.
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:05 am

And that is where the diplomacy comes in, if you want to suggest an item for the next meeting's agenda, then you will have to offer something that the Governor wants. If however the Governor doesn't do enough to keep his voters happy, then they could elect someone else.

Bear in mind this doesn't just mean discussing things like how the weather was last weekend, but also suggesting new title appointments like making someone the Marshall, raising additional taxes, etc.

There will be a lot of tugging and pulling on the reigns of power in this...

---

This presents an interesting question actually should we add a decree that only the Governor may call a vote on something? Therefore if something new happens to get suggested during the meeting, then the Governor can essentially decide whether to add it to the voting schedule... or not.
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:05 am

Perhaps the Governor can put it in by himself, without needing any extra votes on the matter? (the agenda, ofcourse)

If others want something on the agenda, they'll need a certain amount of PC votes.
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:30 am

I'll add that only the governor may add new agenda points and call votes. It can be rescinded / amended later - that is the point of this system after all!
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:25 am

Will we be allowed to trade hexes after the rolling but prior to the game starting? It seems unlikely that a mutually desirable trade would be... desired, but just in case!
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:31 am

I would rather not, otherwise we'll find the more militaristic going for High Manpower locations, and the mercantile rushing for Wealthy ones. Id rather let players deal with what they have been dealt, it should make for a more interesting experience.
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:38 am

Alright, that should be interesting. I suppose we'd have to handle such matters through the Council!

I don't think manpower is explained in the rules thread, fyi. At least if it is, I've missed it!
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:49 am

Are all of the troops listed single units of 100? In other words, the price listed is for 100 Men-at-Arms, 100 Order Knights, etc.
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:36 am

Will there be any rules regarding PC/Captain equipment? Things along the lines of family/masterwork swords, lordly-Mettenheim armor, etc. I don't imagine it would have any impact on combat, given that this would be 1-3 characters out of hundreds.

Or are we going to police ourselves in not going overboard with being awesome?
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vealdis Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:45 am

Mordred's armour will outshine us all in being awsome so we will loose that anyway...

If we are doing this it should not make a large difference because you are indeed 1 out of hundred.
Vealdis
Vealdis
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Character Name: Vealdis Hullcleaver
Counties Ruled:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:43 am

We'd discussed the idea of areas when rolling for a hex, so that Ravenstern themed characters might have a hex closer to those lands and Sarleon the same.  For the record, I don't much care about location now that I have a final story. Razz I'm fine with total randomness,  but if others still want a rough location, this might work.

The first number is the real hex number, the second is the die roll that would go with it:

Sarleon/South: 5-1, 4-2, 10-3, 15-4, 21-5.

Ravenstern/North: 3-1, 9-2, 13-3, 18-5.

Central/East: 14-1, 19-2, 20-3.

The Central/East contains the likely best hex (20) and two of the worst... for those gamey gamblers out there!

Alternately, if we don't use this 'choose a general area' for rolling, this is a possible chart.  It's difficult to simply use the hex numbers as the ordering includes those unplayable hexes at the start.

3-1, 4-2, 5-3, 9-4, 10-5, 13-6, 14-7, 15-8, 18-9, 19-10, 20-11, 21-12.

Hopefully this small chore helps Mordred out a little.
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:20 am

I had been wondering how to do it actually. My initial thought was to put the characters in areas they needed, then do the rest entirely randomly. I quite like Tysha's model too. Do you guys want to opt into specific regions, or just enter into a "Random" pool?
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vealdis Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:23 am

You are the king... but we could use background... an appointed noble would get land appointed...created title should choose but not one of the prime hexes
Vealdis
Vealdis
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Counties Ruled:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:29 am

Despite having a created title, I'd rather it just be random... or at least 'I choose this region' plus random.

Actually, unless someone wants to gamble for it with the risk of having a 3wealth 3manpower hex, perhaps it would be best to leave hex 20 empty? That leaves us with an exceptional powerbase to fight over.
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:36 am

Sorry to clarify I meant these two choices for each player;

1. I want region X because of my backstory.
2. Anything random.
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:38 am

I'd be happy if I got a south (Marleons) hex, but I prefer a random thingie..
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:40 am

Perhaps we could just do it in two waves then.

Those that want a particular region go first. Those that don't care are rolled for second... either we remove those hexes taken in step one and change the roll numbers to reflect that, or just reroll in the event of landing on a filled hex. It seems like only a few minutes extra, either way.
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vealdis Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:41 am

Pff...going with 1...find background more important then an advantage. (guess who will win and sit on the silver throne)
Vealdis
Vealdis
Distinguished
Distinguished

Character sheet
Counties Ruled:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:44 am

Upon mere minutes of reflection, it's really easiest to just let everyone pick a region and roll from there. If they truly don't care which region, pick at random!

I choose the South/Sarleon region, for the Lion-ness links!
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:46 am

Are we able to take the same quirk multiple times? For example, take Paranoid four times and have a retinue of 100 Adventurers. Or Bureaucrat twice, and add +4 wealth when bureaucrat-ing.

And related, are Paranoid and Fierce Friends mutually exclusive if the above is a 'no'?
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:05 am

The above is a no, and no, nothing there is mutually exclusive.
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next