Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftermath Reborn Rules Discussion

+6
Vealdis
Valdir
Shadow-Seeker
Pravenstern
Tysha
Mordred
10 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Aftermath Reborn Rules Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Aftermath Reborn Rules Discussion

Post by Tysha Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Two questions this time, Mordred!

1. Bureaucrat requires the PC to be stationed, while (the name escapes me) quirk that gives +300 spearmen in defense requires the PC to be defending. Both disallow other actions. Can these be used together? >.>

2. Are mercenaries hired instantly and usable that turn, or is there a waiting period of some form? Additionally, do they always go to the home hex, to wherever the PC is (potentially in enemy/neutral territory), or to any owned/allied hex of the buyer's choosing?
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet
Character Name: Tysha Abaddon
Counties Ruled: Hex 9

Back to top Go down

Aftermath Reborn Rules Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Aftermath Reborn Rules Discussion

Post by Mordred Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:10 am

1. Good catch, will make that clearer. It should be doing that instead of any other action (ie not at the same time). Basically you spend all your time creating red tape, or rousing rabbles.

2. Instantly. If they have not been employed before, then they begin at the players' capital, if they were employed already (and bribed) then they start where they were initially deployed, though being mercenaries have an automatic "right of passage" to the new employers lands... unless they are at war in which case they will join the scrap with their new side. Once they are hired though, you can do whatever you want with them.
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet
Character Name: Mordred Adalhard
Counties Ruled: All of them

https://aftermathreborn.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:18 am

(Someone else ask questions for once!)

"Raids can be announced against any neighbouring owned (self or Vassal) hexes, or to hexes with whom the Player has an "Open Borders" style agreement with."

So, it seems to read as though one raids their own hexes or the hexes of their vassals, or the hexes that one has open borders with? Or should this read 'from' rather than 'against'?

And I assume the owned part remains true... we can't raid unowned provinces. (Are Mystmountain hexes an exception?)
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:55 am

So will our starting wealth be one turn's income, or another set amount?
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:02 am

Tysha wrote:(Someone else ask questions for once!)

"Raids can be announced against any neighbouring owned (self or Vassal) hexes, or to hexes with whom the Player has an "Open Borders" style agreement with."

So, it seems to read as though one raids their own hexes or the hexes of their vassals, or the hexes that one has open borders with?  Or should this read 'from' rather than 'against'?

And I assume the owned part remains true... we can't raid unowned provinces. (Are Mystmountain hexes an exception?)

Yes against should read "from". Unowned and Mystmountain provinces are most definitely targets, go wild!

Note; I will probably set the "NPC" counties up as non-active passives, ie they will build and raid (and be raided), but will not be engaged in diplomacy, nor will they attend the Eastern Council. I have some plans for the Mystmountain activity... to be revealed later (but feel free to raid them, but note that they will likely be much tougher opponents, at least initially!)

Tysha wrote:So will our starting wealth be one turn's income, or another set amount?

1 week's income, including traits. If my calculations are right this could be;

Valdir; 250 (200 from trait, 50 from wealth)
Simon; 30
Tysha; 40
Vealdis; 70
Vincent; 40
Andros; 40
Quiris; 50
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:20 am

And prestige is starting at 0, still?

Also, in re-reading things I answered one of my earlier questions about mercs that is contrary to what you said. The mercenary thread says they don't become active until the turn after they are purchased, while to answer my question you said instantly. Soo... which one will it be? Razz

Alright then! As much as I'd like to post my orders I suppose it is best to wait for the council.

In case anyone is interested, the Great Map spoiler in the link has names of several counties. For instance, Tysha is in Evasolde County (due to the castle of the same name.)

http://popaftermath.forumotion.com/t463-ic-material-the-council-chamber
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:22 am

Rename any counties you want- and assume all defences were torn down during the war.

As to the mercs, go with the turn after purchase (with the exception being when they are bribed in battle as intended).
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:26 am

Mordred wrote:As to the mercs, go with the turn after purchase (with the exception being when they are bribed in battle as intended).

Should orders be pméd to you, or is everyone to make a topic in the IC board detailing the level of the Hex (fortifications, units stationed), the IC descriptions and turn-based orders that can be given overt?
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet
Character Name: Valdir Bazzano
Counties Ruled: Talon March [4]

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:28 am

Most likely overt as this means we can have players on a rota to calculate them (which I will make as simple as possible), though they will not be due until after the meeting has taken place - I need to work out how they should be done first.
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pravenstern Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:29 am

A question, can we upgrade our troops? How much does this cost?
Pravenstern
Pravenstern
Eminent
Eminent

Character sheet
Character Name: Quiris Corax
Counties Ruled: Hex 13, Ravenfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:30 am

Mordred wrote:Most likely overt as this means we can have players on a rota to calculate them (which I will make as simple as possible), though they will not be due until after the meeting has taken place - I need to work out how they should be done first.

And sekret actions should still be pm'ed?
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:30 am

Troops go inactive the turn they are upgraded, and it is... 25% of the cost of the troop they are becoming. (IIRC!)
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:37 am

Is this the idea?
Orders Week 1:

and is it correct?
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:41 am

I think you need to add one manor and remove one estate if that's your construction plan. You start with two... unless you chose a perk that grants you an extra. >.>
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:42 am

Noted! Thanks.
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:44 am

@ Pravenstern;
Yes, it is intended that you do upgrade them. Vertical upgrades (ie to a new tier) is done at full cost. Upgrade horizontally (ie to another type of the same tier) is done at 20% cost. The only exception is Peasant to other Levy units, which are done at full cost.

Both methods take 1 turn, in which that unit may not be used.

Also, please remember that all players begin with 2 Manors (and thus 2 units of 100 peasants).

@ Valdir;
It will be something like that, yes.

As to that example;
You can only build 1 "tier" a turn, but as many constructions as you wish. You could therefore upgrade your 2 starting Manors to an Estate, but would need to build the 3rd Manor first before you upgrade it next turn.

Each hex can only have 1 fortification (its really how well defended the entire county is), and can only upgrade a tier a turn, so you could build "Stockades" this turn, and then upgrade to "Hill Forts" next.

The unit upgrade is right on.
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:45 am

notice the [unknown] with the units. I wasn't sure if I upgraded 100, or 1.
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:47 am

Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdir Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:54 am

So, I think I have done it correctly now.. so as an example to the others I'll post it below.

”Orders Week 1”:
Valdir
Valdir
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:59 am

Bingo, spot on.
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:33 am

Do raids count as battles for the purpose of our commander quirk?
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:35 am

Yup!
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:46 am

Tysha wrote:Troops go inactive the turn they are upgraded, and it is... 25% of the cost of the troop they are becoming. (IIRC!)

Where did you see 25%? I thought I might have had this in 2 places.
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tysha Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:47 am

Just mentally, I was wrong.
Tysha
Tysha
Illustrious
Illustrious

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordred Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:49 am

Phew, had me worried! (It is under Prices for those of you wondering where the detail is).
Mordred
Mordred
King
King

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next